Quite a lot of flight software programs for flight simulation are available - varying in terms of performance, and value. For a sound pilot training program, computer-based flight software featuring realistic text, graphics, animations and different interactive systems are used to make the experience live.
In the flight-training syllabus, flight software programs are extensively used to demonstrate the following in simulator:
- To demonstrate how flight instruments work
- The fundamental effects of controls
- Practice circuits, as well as crosswind approaches, and
- Practice events like engine failure after take off and forced landings
The PC-based simulators give remarkably real feel of a flight.
You can get flight software programs not only in stores selling aviation supplies, but also from websites selling different aircraft supplies and online through pilot schools.
Flight Software packages
The commonly found flight software packages include the Comm1, VFR Radio Simulator, offered in CD-ROM with several radio aviation supplies. These are used by students to spot, as well as learn clearances on request and radio simulation, through a headset practice.
You’ll find that this flight software is centered on the various radio communication operations and associated aircraft supplies. The software contains interactive material to simulate flights under varied conditions, which normally affects the operations of the aircraft when the real field is unable to capture airwaves.
The CD-ROM flight software includes video presentations, 3D animations sound, interactive system schematics and simulations, all these are collectively used to create a virtual tool that comes to life as you click your mouse. You will see that such features appear throughout the software, helping you to get acquainted with the aircraft internally and externally.
Nowadays, flight software is also used by aircraft operators trying to sharpen and increase their knowledge of aircraft systems.
Which flight software is best for training?
You have a lot of flight software as your option but for an ideal training look at following qualities in your software:
- Your flight software should be both a learning platform for you, as well as a teaching tool for your instructors.
- Flight software should be the highly interactive and thorough with aircraft systems. Best if they are designed and produced by pilots for pilots.
- See that the software has 3D support for graphics and sounds. This will enliven your interactive learning experience from your home.
- Check whether it includes extensive tracking tools, which monitor the learning progress.
- The flight software should be designed in such a manner that you can choose from different topics, and return to those that need revision or improved tracking.
- This pilot training software is available in CD Rom at almost any aircraft supplies store, or through different online shops.
Some of the latest Flight software programs engross you in a marvelous and realistic world with dozens of flights and interactive Missions for totally new and innovative gaming experience. They’ll let you fly in any corner of the world, from your homeland to the most exotic locations you’ve ever cherished.
However, a section of aviation community believes that flight software programs of this type are only intended for recreational activity and should not be considered as a part of serious learning.